quakeforge and DRI

Reid Linnemann lreid at okstate.edu
Mon Dec 8 20:18:12 PST 2003

Invariably, when you ask for help, the solution hits you. I need a teddy bear
in my room to explain things to.

When the QuakeForge port installs, libQFrenderer_glx.so links to libGL.so and
libGLU.so libraries in /usr/local/lib, typical for the NVIDIA driver base.
However, DRI GL libraries are in /usr/X11R6/lib. Relinking to the correct libs
or symbolically linking the usr/local/lib libs to the X11R6/lib libs will
correct the problem.

Heads up for you DRI users.

It runs beautifully - 72fps at 1280x1024 on my venerable Radeon, even without
all the GL extensions and multitexturing available. Go DRI!