Hard drive geometry headache (slightly off topic)

Frederick Bowes fred at k1x.org
Mon Dec 8 15:46:49 PST 2003

Hello!

I have a problem which i cannot seem to fix no matter what I do! I have a
120GB disk, which had windows XP/FreeBSD partions working fine on one
computer. Now I had to move it to a new computer in which the bios detects
a certian geometry, but then the system wont boot. No matter what I do
now, i cant get the system to boot off the disk, i have even tried
eraseing it with fdisk (freebsd and dos versions). Does anyone know how I
can save it?  I have tried everything and dont know where else to ask.

Frederick