Canon A70 w/ FreeBSD

JacobRhoden jrhoden at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Dec 7 15:09:06 PST 2003

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:58 am, Will Yardley wrote:
> > Otherwise you might want to checkout the gphoto port.
> Yeah - I've checked that out (and installed it from ports), and it does
> look like it supports that model.  Is the other driver still needed, or
> will this Just Work (TM), assuming that the usb and umass options are
> compiled into the kernel?

When you install gphoto2, it installs a whole lot of camera drivers (looks
like about 50) in /usr/lib/gphoto2.. it 'just worked' for me (: Occasionally
gphoto2 has trouble detecting your camera, but the solution for that for me
was to go into /usr/lib/gphoto2 and delete all of the drivers for cameras
that i know arent mine.

Regards,
Jacob

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 4478
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden at unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386