It's very important replying my email, please

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sun Dec 7 11:12:29 PST 2003

On Sunday 07 December 2003 01:32 pm, camuflag wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> My name is Ziad Fazah. Indeed, after having installed Freebsd version
> 5.1 on my pc, I found out that after having got at startx command, there
> was something written as an error: (EE) Unable to locate /open config file
> (EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile log file: /var/log/XFree86
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found.

You need to run xf86cfg. To learn about it you can "man xf86cfg. It will
create a
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config

There are samples such as XF86Config.98 and XF86Config.eg. You have to know
which model GeForce you are using and it will then create entries such as

        Driver      "nv"
        VendorName  "NVidia"
        BoardName   "GeForce4 MX DDR"
        ChipSet     "GeForce4 MX 440"