It's very relevant replying me, please

Vahric MUHTARYAN vahric at doruk.net.tr
Sun Dec 7 03:21:09 PST 2003

Hi , You can use startx command to switch X envir.
Could you send what error message occured after startx ?
if you get something like this

(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

I think You have a problem to introduce you VGA Card ?

Check Xfree version and You can check you card supported from Xfree or
Not ?
Maybe you need to update your Xfree

You can do it with

Run "pkgdb -F" first