xmms will only play 1 mp3 and then stop

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Fri Dec 5 12:28:54 PST 2003

Ray Seals <rseals at vdsi.net> writes:

> On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 13:40, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> > Ray Seals <rseals at vdsi.net> writes:
> >
> > > I believe this may be a problem with KDE but don't know what additional
> > > information one would need to start diagnosing the problem.
> >
> > The obvious way to check that belief
> > would be to try it under, say, twm(1).
>
> I get nothing from twm.  It won't even play one file.

Okay, that's interesting.  My first suspicion would be to see if
something is grabbing the audio device (esd and artsd are common
"culprits" here).  I'd recommend checking the error logs (or possibly
command line if you start from startx).

 - Lowell
--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
		resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/