Proftpd 1.28 + FreeBSD 5.1

Kliment Andreev klimenta at futurebit.com
Fri Dec 5 11:27:55 PST 2003

Hi,

I have a strange problem with proftpd 1.28. When I connect to the ftp server
with a client (same problem from the inside/outside the network) I got that
message "connected to abc.xyz.com" immediately, but after that, there is a
lag for about 5 seconds before login prompt comes. After that everything is
working normal. All other services (mail/www) are working fine. Is this an
issue with a proftpd?

Thanks...

/usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf

ServerName                      "ProFTPD"
ServerType                      standalone
DefaultServer                   on
AuthPAM                         on

Port                            21
Umask                           022
MaxInstances                    30

User                            nobody
Group                           nogroup
TimeoutStalled                  300

<Global>
AllowOverwrite                  On
</Global>

<Anonymous ~ftp>
User                            ftp
Group                           ftp
AnonRequirePassword             on
DisplayLogin                    .welcome.msg
DisplayQuit                     .quit.msg
AllowStoreRestart               On
RequireValidShell               off

  <Directory UL>
    <Limit READ STOR CWD MKD>