usb wireless lan cards

Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN] Danovitsch at Vitsch.net
Thu Dec 4 15:26:52 PST 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 17:04, Paulo Roberto wrote:
> Is there any project related to porting externel usb wireless
> interfaces to FreeBSD?
> I am stuck with a Linksys WUSB11 and have to run Windows on my laptop
> just because the damn winmodem and this damn usb network interface.
A quick Google search shows that it's adapter with Atmel chipset on it. I have
written a driver for these devices for FreeBSD 5.X .
You can find it here :
http://vitsch.net/bsd/atuwi/

The latest driver I've released only supports Ad-hoc mode, but I have made a
lot of changes to the code since then. At this moment I have Infrastructure
mode working (in beta). Please contact me if you want to try out the newer
code.

grtz,
Daan