MIT krb5, telnetd, PAM, incorrect permissions on forwarded tickets

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Thu Dec 4 05:55:17 PST 2003

I'm trying over here since I didn't have any luck fishing in ports@ :-)

I've since found the parts of the MIT login.krb5 that chown the
forwarded ticket file. That was nice to know to not really relevent :-)

I understand that there's a race condition when having root chown a file
in /tmp to a user (symlinks being the obvious attack path). There are
ways around that, though, so I don't believe the change that I'm looking
for leads to a security problem if handled carefully.

-T

--
All programs evolve until they can send email.
    - A.S.R. quote (Richard Letts)