running freebsd with sendmail and qpopper

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Wed Dec 3 14:33:20 PST 2003

At 05:00 PM 12/3/2003, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> > i am having trouble understanding the requirements of the hostname in the
> > /etc/hosts file and the dns.  i have read many things and am just confused.
> > can someone find time to help me a little.  i would like to respond with
> > specifics to someone directly. thanks. den
> >

>Let me know what you want to know, but I feel it should be kept in the
>list for others to see.

Like me. So there's at least two of us on the list who need this info.
Speaking personally with some prior help I can now email within the box,
i.e. id1 can email id2 who can then reply back to id1. However going the
next step, receiving email from a remote server and sending email out to
the internet is something I have no clue how to do. Don't even know how to
start, and the stab I made at following tutorials found by googling got me
nowhere at breakneck speed. Not that I'm complaining but you did ask. :)

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site