webcamera installation docs FreeBSD5.0

Andrew Boothman andrew at cream.org
Wed Dec 3 14:23:14 PST 2003

ivan ivanov wrote:

> Hi!
> Can anyone point me to documentation or discussion
> lists about Creative USB webcam installation.
>
> I am having hard time to make it work and it's mostly
> because I don't know anything about it.
>
> Sorry, my own google searches gave no useful
> results...
>
> Is there someone how managed to play this toy?

In order to get a webcam working under FreeBSD I bought one that was
supported by the graphics/vid port. Apparently the "Creative Labs WebCam
3" is supported by that port so if that's your camera you should be able
to install the port and then away you go. Otherwise other than google I
don't know what to suggest.

I presume your camera is recognised as a ugen when you plug it in? Check
it is listed by running usbdevs

Hope that helps a little.

Andrew