PPP redial

Cole cole at acenet.co.za
Tue Dec 2 11:53:31 PST 2003

Hey

I would like to know whether anyone has any idea on how to set the redial option in ppp on freebsd to no-redial.  I have checked the man page and tried various options. Setting the redial number to 0, means infinite redials, till it connects. I dont want that. You cannot set the value to a negative number, i also tried that. I  want to turn off all redialing, not have it at like 1, cause as soon as it does reconnect, the redial counter is cleared, so if it makes a succesful connection, and is then cutoff, and makes a new connection, in less than a second or so, it will do this ad-infinitum. Which is not what i want.

My setup is freebsd 4.9-pre1.
Using ppp and isdnd - 128k ISDN line, with an internal asuscom isdn-ta adapter, pci.

If anyone has any clues, please email me at
cole at acenet.co.za
Thanx.