Controlling init on shutdown/reboot

Rob listone at deathbeforedecaf.net
Tue Dec 2 00:12:21 PST 2003

I haven't used ppp(8) - I prefer pppd(8) -  so I'm not familiar with
ppp.linkdown.sh. If this is a shell script, there's a couple of things that
I've seen cause strange script behaviour: lack of default environment and
lack of TTY. This usually shows up in scripts that work fine at the command
line, but fail under other circumstances (such as crontabs).

Does it take more than 2 minutes at the command line?

Have you tried adding

    set -x

at the start to see where it's failing? If it's called by rc.shutdown the
output should be to the console, but I'm not sure what ppp(8) does with
script output.