mpd - vpn help

Jeanne techielists at regionalhelpwanted.com
Mon Dec 1 14:13:06 PST 2003

Hi,

I have set up a pptp server using mpd. I can connect from a windows client through the firewall without any issues. My problem is routing. The windows machine gets an IP of say 192.168.1.251, and is issued a gateway of the same IP. All I can do from there is ping the pptp server. I can't figure out how to give it a proper gateway. I would appreciate some help me with relevant lines for both mpd.conf and mpd.links. I would prefer to just use a section of the local LAN (say 192.168.1.240/29), rather than add another subnet, but whatever works.

192.168.1.0/24 LAN
192.168.1.126 gateway for above network
192.168.1.81 pptd server running mpd

Thanks in advance for any help,