Compilation issues

Jim Stratus stratus at swcic.net
Sun Aug 31 20:10:58 PDT 2003

This isn't services related but I am getting this with many compilations I try (mysql, gcc, etc)

configure: error: Your compiler cannot convert a longlong value to a float!
If you are using gcc 2.8.# you should upgrade to egcs 1.0.3 or newer and try
again

usr/include/stdlib.h:143: warning: ISO C89 does not support `long long'

Anyone know how I can go about fixing this? I tried installing the newest versions of egcs and GCC but I get errors trying to install those. I run FreeBSD 5.1

Jim Stratus