Opera 7b4 does not render frames properly

Kees Jan Koster kjkoster at kjkoster.org
Sun Aug 31 03:17:07 PDT 2003

Dear All,

I am using Opera 7 beta 4, from the ports. I access Java's API site
quite a bit, but Opera craps out after a few visits.

After starting Opera I surf to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/. I
then browse around a bit and after a while I return to the API page. I
can still see the frame outlines, but the pages are grey.

I witnessed this behaviour on my laptop and my desktop machine (Opera 7,
FreeBSD 4.9-prerelease). All my ports are up to date as of today.

The Opera knowledge base site is so confusing that I cannot even search
properly. I cannot tell if Opera 7b7 is going to fix this issue or not.
Is there anyone running b4 that can confirm/deny my story? Is there
anyone running b7 that can tell me if they are seeing the same
behaviour?

Please keep me CC'd as I am not on the list.

 Yours,
   Kees Jan