Hendrik Hasenbein hhasenbe at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Aug 28 01:51:35 PDT 2003

Glitch Birkenstock wrote:
> Hi Freebsd stuff,
>
> Good Afternoon. Can yah please help me out?i live in Philippines.i am
> using windows here and i want to change it into FREEBSD new version.
> i already downloaded all files
> here:ftp://ftp5.us.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ i read the txt files but
> it doesnt shows the manual on how to install.im kinda new to it.how
> can i install the FREEbsd?
Follow the instructions on
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html .
The pages should answer most questions.
> can i use it as dual?like windows and
> FREEBSD by booting or can select which one to use?
You can install a bootmanager and select the partition/slice to boot from.
> All i want is to
> use both coz i really dont know if there is a
> word,exceel,photoshop,access,power point and frontpage just like in
> windows.
There is no word, excel, photoshop, access, power point and frontpage.
There is Abiword, gnumeric, gimp, mysql. Or use openoffice to get all
features in one.
> can i use two OS (WIndows and FREEBSD)?
Yes, you can use more than one os on your hardware. See above.

Good luck.

Hendrik