apache segmentation fault

admin admin2 at enabled.com
Tue Aug 26 07:39:01 PDT 2003

OS:  FreeBSD 4.8 Stable
Server: Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) mod_perl/1.27 PHP/4.3.3RC2 PHP/3.0.18
mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_fastcgi/2.4.0

Hi,

well didnt get a response to the first post.  I think I am asking the proper
questions.  please let me know if I am not and let me know what I need to
include to get this situation expressed properly.

I keep coming upon a segmentation fault with apache.  I dont know what is
causing it.  I think I have a core file lying around on the machine when this
happens.  what is a good course of action to figure out what is going on here?
  how can I analyze the core file to figure out what is going on.

from the apache logs
[Mon Aug 25 10:02:04 2003] [notice] child pid 2266 exit signal Segmentation faul
t (11)

a core file search - nothing found
shell# find / -name "httpd\.core"

so how can I generate a core file when apache has a segmentatino fault?

- Noah