Problem building Gnome2

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Mon Aug 25 06:17:01 PDT 2003

Sorry to repost this under a different subject line, and also
since it sems there's been a lot of Gnome2 discussion lately,
but....

I'm having trouble building Gnome2 from Ports. I keep getting
stuck on the build of scrollkeeper, at a line:

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lgiconv

I believe I'm fully up to date with relevant ports; it seems
that lgiconv is related to the libiconv port but I have the
newest version of this. Any suggestions for what to do to get
this built? I had to delete all of Gnome1 to get started, and
it's proving difficult to get much work done with no desktop....

Thanks!

Jesse Sheidlower