orphaned port?

Michelle tristan11 at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 23 14:07:52 PDT 2003

On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 12:42 PM, Jens Rehsack wrote:

> Michelle wrote:
>> I am trying to upgrade mysql-server and when I ran the make command,
>> I received the following error:
>> ===>  Installing for libtool-1.3.5_1
>> ===>   Generating temporary packing list
>> ===>  Checking if devel/libtool13 already installed
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/libtool13.
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server.
>> Than I ran pkg_version -v and saw the the libtool13 port is orphaned.
>>  What does this mean and how can I fix it?
>
> Assuming you have your ports in /usr/ports
>
> # cd /usr/ports (Don't whether this is required or not)
> # pkg_info | grep libtool
> # libtool="#place the found libtool-1.3 port here#"
> # portupgrade -o devel/libtool13 ${libtool}
>
> And now try portupgrade mysql again!
>
> Good luck
> Jens

Jens,
Thank you for the help.  I did not have portupgrade installed and when
I tried to run make in /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade I received the
following error:

===>  Installing for ruby-1.6.8.2003.04.19
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if lang/ruby16 already installed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/ruby16.
*** Error code 1

Is there another way I can fix my problem?

Thank you,
Michelle