Problems Installing FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT

Armand Passelac apasselac at free.fr
Fri Aug 22 02:11:43 PDT 2003

I'm not an FreeBSD expert (as you I'm coming from linux).
But when I installed my FreeBSD on my old PC, I used these commands to preparing boot floppies :
(On linux ...) :

dd if=/mnt/cdrom/floppies/kern.flp of=/dev/fd0 bs=36b
dd if=/mnt/cdrom/floppies/mfsroot.flp of=/dev/fd0 bs=36b
dd if=/mnt/cdrom/floppies/drivers.flp of=/dev/fd0 bs=36b

Then put the CDROM and the first floppy (kern.flp)
And then follow the instructions (next floppy : mfsroot.flp)

It should be work.

Bye