MySQL from ports on FreeBSD 5.1

Wayne Pascoe freebsd-questions at penguinpowered.org
Thu Aug 21 05:41:26 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm having problems building MySQL from ports on FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p2.
In /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server I'm doing make install. After
quite a while, I get the following error:

checking if conversion of longlong to float works... Segmentation fault
(core dumped)
no
configure: error: Your compiler cannot convert a longlong value to a
float!  If you are using gcc 2.8.# you should upgrade to egcs 1.0.3 or
newer and try again

Anyone seen this ? Anyone have a workaround to allow building of MySQL
on FreeBSD 5 ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Wayne Pascoe