g++ vs. g++33: conflicts with qt 3.1.2 on FreeBSD 4.8

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Wed Aug 20 04:13:48 PDT 2003

Hi,

> FreeBSD 4.8 and Qt 3.1.2 compiled "as is" from the portscollection.
> I have a brief Qt code:

[...]

> Where CC is either "/usr/bin/g++" or "/usr/local/bin/g++33"
> With g++ this compiles fine.
>
> But with g++33, I get an error, that says:

[...]

This is due to the ABI changes that were introduced with gcc 3. Unless
you recompile Qt with g++33 (and probably its dependencies), I do not
know of any solution to fix your link error.

If you really want to use g++33, you might consider upgrading to FreeBSD
5, which comes with that version of gcc as the system compiler.

Regards,
 Simon