Flood of infected emails

Louis LeBlanc leblanc+freebsd at keyslapper.org
Tue Aug 19 10:36:05 PDT 2003

On 08/19/03 11:59 AM, Chris sat at the `puter and typed:

> > could it be that the blaster patch opens up the sobig vector?
>
> Wouldn't that just be a kick!

No, it'd just be typical

BTW, I've gotten one of these with a forged REJECTED mail subject:

Subject: DELIVERY FAILURE: Recipient user name jim (jim at lambda.com)
	not unique.  Several matches found in Name & Address Book.

It seems to me that the system spreading it is sending it to me
directly, with the mesage attached, since, IIRC, those kind of rejects
simply return the headers, not the body and attachments.

Lou
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

Re: Graphics:
  A picture is worth 10K words -- but only those to describe the picture.
  Hardly any sets of 10K words can be adequately described with pictures.