nmbclusters and nmbufs

Jack L. Stone jackstone at sage-one.net
Tue Aug 19 05:35:46 PDT 2003

At 11:53 AM 8.19.2003 +0400, Varshavchick Alexander wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Can anybody advise me please if I want to increase nmbclusters option in
>kernel, can I just type
>	sysctl kern.ipc.nmbclusters="16384"
>without rebooting the server, or is the only way to set the NMBCLUSTERS
>option in kernel, install the new kernel and reboot?
>
>And secondly, also I need to increase nmbufs kernel option, but there
>seems to be no such option in LINT, what should I tweak?
>	sysctl kern.ipc.nmbufs="32768" without rebooting
>or
>	kern.ipc.nmbufs="32768" in /boot/loader.conf and reboot?
>
>Thanks
>
>----
>Alexander Varshavchick, Metrocom Joint Stock Company

You can modify those "on fly" without a reboot with:
sysctl kern.nmbclusters=nnnnn ("n" being the number of choice)

You can then put the statements in the /boot/loader.conf and will load on
next boot as alternative to changing the kernel. I modified the kernel here.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net