Make buildworld failure

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon Aug 18 19:53:56 PDT 2003

On Monday 18 August 2003 07:41 pm, Charles Howse wrote:
> > > *default  host=cvsup11.FreeBSD.org
> > > *default  base=/usr
> > > *default  prefix=/usr
> > > *default  release=cvs
> > > *default  tag=RELENG_4_8
> > > *default  delete use-rel-suffix
> > >
> > > src-base
> > > *default tag=.
> > > ports-all
> > > doc-all
> >
> > If you want to do a buildworld, you will need the source for
> > "src-all".
> > It sounds like make tried to cd to a directory that didn't exist.
> >
> > BTW, my /etc/make.conf only has the compat's and noprofile in it.
>
> OK, that's not too bad an error.  As a hobbyist, I have no fear of
> re-installing, and I'm *determined* to get this right from install to
> everyday use.
>
> I'll do a fresh install tomorrow morning, edit the cvsupfile, and
> change src-base to scr-all, cvsup, and try again.
>
> The only lines I uncommented in make.conf are:
> CFLAGS= -O -pipe
> NOPROFILE= true
> USA_RESIDENT= yes
>
> Good?

I have the following
USA_RESIDENT=YES
HAVE_MOTIF=YES
USE_128BIT=YES
COMPAT22=yes
COMPAT3x=yes
COMPAT4x=yes

I think USA and 128BIT doesn't mean anything anymore but I would have to
know better to remove it :). MOTIF is there because I have the
open-Motif installed. I started at 2.2.8 and have added the new compat
everytime we went to a new level.

You also need to rebuild INDEX everytime you cvsup ports. I have them in
separate scripts for that reason. I use portgrade and do

cd /usr/ports
make index
portsdb -u

after each cvsup of ports-all.

If you do this, add ports/INDEX in your ports-all refuse file. If you
don't, everytime you cvsup, you transfer an old version of INDEX (~3MB)
onto your system.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart