Problems with ACPI And My PS2 Mouse!!

Brian Black BlackBsd at Mountain.net
Mon Aug 18 18:48:53 PDT 2003

hey,
    I recently installed 5.1R and after boot up, with acpi enabled, my
mouse begins to work incorrectly.  when i move the mouse it disappears
and reappears elsewhere when i stop..  Whats Wrong???  When i disable
acpi from boot up the problems goes away??  But i cant disable this
because i need to make use of my usb ports??  I have a Soyo KT333 dragon
lite motherboard if that helps.  i guess from what i hear that the
problem might be with the board( I hope not because it cost a lot of
money ;-)) .   Could someone shed some light on this problem for me.   TIA