Need help with mldonkey, Anybody...

Rod Person rodperson at comcast.net
Sun Aug 17 15:58:49 PDT 2003

On Mon 18 Aug 2003 00:01:44 +0200
"kristof" <masterkristof at pandora.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get mldonkey working but I don't really know what I'm
> doing wrong. Fisrt I got the error of no servers in servers.ini but
> was able to solve this by copying the servers.ini in the ../distrib
> dir over the other ones. now I can see a list of all the servers in
> the browsers but I don't seem to be able to connect to them. In the
> following you can see my start up messages, and as you can see there
> is an error in it...could it because of this error things go wrong and
> how do I solve it?
>
> Also when I run the command mlgui, wich should start the gui version
> of mldonkey (if not I'm way off target then) it just does the same as
> the command mlnet and doesn't start the gui.

I don't know if this is much help, but try switching to port 6348 or
6346. I used mldonkey for awhile but found it slow. I switched to xmule
and gtk-gnutella. gtk-gnutell is faster than xmule and mldonkey.

Otherwise the servers may just be down....
--
Rod

@ Home So No Cool Signature
http://opensourcebeef.bsd.st