Module exists error (miibus.ko and if_ed.ko)

K Anderson freebsduser at comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 03:30:27 PDT 2003

Martin wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 07:42, K Anderson wrote:
>

>>module_register: module miibus/ukphy already exists!
>>linker_file_sysinit "miibus.ko" failed to register! 17
>>module_register: module pci/ed already exists!
>>linker_file_sysinit "if_ed.ko" failed to register! 17
>

> Happened to me, too, yesterday. I got a similar message
> message about if_tun.ko.
>
> My PC:
> K6-300,
> FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Tue Aug 12 08:18:44 CEST 2003
>
> Martin
If you happen to get it to go away let me know what you did. I'm
surprised that my diskless kernel stopped doing it and it's the same
source I use to build my regular kernal with.

The one thing I noticed is that I don't see the kernel module for the rl
interface. So something funky is going on. In the diskless kldstat I
don't see any of the interface modules loaded. Once again, I used that
diskless script to copy the information.

Oh well. Hopefully more of this comes up and somebody will have a solution.