Copying and pasting text w/ mouse

K Anderson freebsduser at comcast.net
Fri Aug 15 16:46:39 PDT 2003

Charles Howse wrote:
>>For the sake of testing, put the mouse directly to the FreeBSD system
>>and reboot (well you might not actually have to reboot but
>>check to see
>>if moused is running and if so kill it and then restart it).
>

> That worked fine.  The problem must be the KVM, as I suspected.
> Knowing that, I reconnected the mouse to the KVM, switched to Windows
> and back to FBSD, same problem.
>

>>Check out the man page for moused for further help with
>>mousercizing and
>>various options.
>

> No joy.
>

>>I'm not sure if this is the problem but PS/2 mices are (IMHO) finicky
>>when disconnected. If your KVM switch has a reset then press
>>it and see
>>if that gives FreeBSD a hand in preventing your caffinated mouse.
>

> No reset button.
>

>>Don't know if it will do what you want but check out 'man
>>cut' and 'man
>>paste'
>

> No joy, cut is for retrieving fields and characters from a file, paste
> is for inserting text from a file to a file or to the console.
>
> Oh, well...
Here's a thought. What happens when you switch away then switch back
kill moused then restart moused? I'm thinking that maybe a cron job
could be created to check mouse states and kill then restart moused.

Maybe put moused in foreground and debug and see what happens as well it
might offer some information that could lead you to a google search. :)