smb network browsing

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Wed Aug 13 10:56:03 PDT 2003

Howdy list,

I'm currently running FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE and
I LOVE using mount_smbfs. Accessing SMB shares
on my Samba or NT server like a normal filesystem
is incredibly convenient.

However, the more I use mount_smbfs or fstab,
the more I long for a GUI utility that I can
use to browse the "Network Neighborhood" and
mount any shares I desire under /smb or similar.

I tried gnomba, from the ports collection, but
it kept giving me a Segmentation Fault every
time I try to Scan the network for SMB shares.

Surely someone out there shares my frustration
and has made an application that will do the
job!

Any ideas?

Sincerely,

--