ppp question

Mark Woodson mwoodson at sricrm.com
Tue Aug 12 11:08:56 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 10:52 am, Plunkett, Ian Gregory (UMC-Student) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am having a heck of a time getting ppp to work correctly.  I can connect
> to my isp using ppp manually (going into TERM mode, etc.).  But once I am
> connected this way I can't return to packet mode and I can't access the
> internet outside of that terminal window.

Are you adding a default route?  That sounds like the problem.

> I have also tried using kppp.  When I use this, I can access locations if I
> know the IP address but not if I type in the web address.  I included the
> correct dns when I configured the connection, still I get nothing if I type
> in the web address.

Again this sounds like you aren't adding a default route.

It would be most helpful if we could see the ppp.conf you are using, and any
errors you are seeing using ppp automatically (the relevant entries in
ppp.log if that is setup).

-Mark