Regarding Running Program

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Tue Aug 12 05:41:03 PDT 2003

>     I have a problem in running a program compiled by CC compiler on Red
> Hat Linux 8.0 plateform. It is giving binary errors. Basically the program
> sends mail to specified E-Mail address on the specified server. I don't
> know what is the problem, because it runs nicely on the Red Hat Linux 8.0
> plateform.

You have two options: Either recompile the program on FreeBSD (which
ships with gcc 2.95.4 as the system compiler, but there are other C/C++
compilers available in the ports collection[1].

The other option is to enable the linux compatiblity mode[2] and "brand"
the Redhat binary:

brandelf -t Linux <program>

Regards,
 Simon