Dell 400SC

Andras Kende andras at kende.com
Tue Aug 12 01:16:24 PDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org]On Behalf Of Gregory Norman
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 10:10 PM
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: Dell 400SC

Hello all,

I am considering buying a Dell 400SC to install FreeBSD 4.8-Stable useing it
as a webserver and gateway. I notice that it is sold with a Red Hat
configuration options. I was wondering if anyone here have installed FreeBSD
on this machine. Any other thoughts/ideas about this machine as an entry
level server would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gregory Norman

Gregory,

I using this Dell 400SC with 5.1 release, its works just fine...
Use it for: Web Content filtering server, PHP4.3, Apache2, MYSQL4, etc...
It has Intel 875 Chipset, Intel/1000 Network, ATI Pci graphics..
Its not a typical "Server Hardware" It has onboard sound :)) (can be used as
a good desktop too:))
But the low price is great.. It should be a good choice for entry level
server..

Andras Kende