Error building XFree86-Clients

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sat Aug 9 13:38:07 PDT 2003

On Saturday 09 August 2003 01:13 pm, Patrick O'Reilly wrote:
> On Saturday 09 August 2003 22:05, Kent Stewart wrote:
> > > What you say lines up with what Dan told me to do too.  Is this a
> > > known issue - ie you MUST do -libraries AFTER -server ???
> > >
> > > I'm busy rebuilding libraries now?
> >
> > Yes, it is a known problem. If you had searched the archives, you
> > would have found many similar problems. I just don't know where you
> > can search the archives right now :).
> >
> > Kent
>
> Oh?!?  Well it's going into my personal archive right now!  :)

It is only updating old versions of -server that cause the problem. If
you have one of those versions installed, I think Kris's normal
suggestion is to pkg_delete -server and then upgrade XFree86. That can
save you an hour or so depending on how long it takes to reupdate
-libraries. For an accurate version(timestamp), you would have to look
at the plist for -server in cvsweb/cgi to see when Xfonts was moved to
-libraries. If you have one of the older versions installed, you need
to delete -server first. Once you get it updated, the problem won't
occur again.

I build packages (-p) as I go and a -Puf of -libraries would have
reinstalled it very quickly. I think my ports/packages/All is around
1.3 GB right now. I maintain my ports on an AMD 2000 and do package
install/upgrades on 4 other slower machines.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA