Error building XFree86-Clients

Patrick O'Reilly bsd at perimeter.co.za
Sat Aug 9 12:52:56 PDT 2003

On Saturday 09 August 2003 21:39, Dan Nelson wrote:

> Wait; so you've got XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_5 installed but have no
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXfont.a?  I guess that might be caused by old
> freetype or fontconfig packages (they are currently at
> freetype2-2.1.4_1 and fontconfig-2.2.90_3), but I would have expected
> the XFree86-libraries build to have failed instead of not producing
> libXfont.  Try running "portupgrade -vf XFree86-libraries freetype2
> fontconfig", then see if upgrading any of the dependant ports build.

Thanks Dan.  I was just considering the -f option a few minutes ago - so with
your prompting it is busy building as we speak (well, type...).

BTW:  I use 'make update' and portupgrade -Fa daily, and then run portupgrade
whenever I feel the urge.  I am in the habit of using -rR on portupgrade, so
generally my ports are fairly current, and well co-ordinated.  For example,
the versions of freetype and fontconfig you listed above are correct on my
system.  The problems I am having here are really quite unusual.

Anyway, let's see what happens after the portupgrade -f is done.  This may
take a little while though.

Thanks again for your time.
--
Regards,