Error building XFree86-Clients

Patrick O'Reilly bsd at perimeter.co.za
Sat Aug 9 12:08:12 PDT 2003

On Saturday 09 August 2003 20:50, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Aug 09), Patrick O'Reilly said:
> > I have a number of XFree86 Font ports which will not upgrade from 4.2
> > to 4.3, and in each case the error is as below.
> >

> $ pkg_which /usr/X11R6/lib/libXfont.a
> XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_5
>
> Make sure your XFree86-libraries install is up-to-date.

Dan, thanks for such a quick response.

Here's my pkg_info on XFree86-libraries:

patrick impedimenta:/usr/home/patrick$ pkg_info XFree86-libraries*
Information for XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_5:

Comment:
XFree86-4 libraries and headers

Required by:
Mesa-3.4.2_2
XFree86-4.3.0,1
XFree86-FontServer-4.3.0_1
XFree86-Server-4.3.0_8
XFree86-clients-4.2.1_2
XFree86-documents-4.3.0
XFree86-font100dpi-4.2.0
XFree86-font75dpi-4.2.0
XFree86-fontCyrillic-4.2.0_4
XFree86-fontDefaultBitmaps-4.2.0
XFree86-fontEncodings-4.2.0
XFree86-fontScalable-4.2.0
Xft-2.1.2
arts-1.1.3,1
kdebase-3.1.3
kdegames-3.1.3
kdegraphics-3.1.3
kdelibs-3.1.3
kdemultimedia-3.1.3
kdenetwork-3.1.3
kdeutils-3.1.3
koffice-1.2.1_1,1
qt-3.1.2_1
wrapper-1.0_3
xanim-2.92.0

This package containts XFree86 include header files and (shared)
library files.

WWW: http://www.xfree86.org/

patrick impedimenta:/usr/home/patrick$

BTW: you can see in the list of dependencies from pkg_info which of my ports
are refusing to upgrade - they are still showing version 4.2 in the output
above!

Any other pointers?

--
Regards,