POP Before SMTP

FreeBSD katrina at nightrealmstudios.com
Fri Aug 8 17:09:57 PDT 2003

No, no - no offense taken - I've done it before but it has been almost 4
years - a lot has changed since I had my stuff going.

I already have my qpopper modified and it's successfully tracking my
IP into the relayers files when I check email, sendmail just isn't checking
the files like it used to -

Looking through your email it appears that Drac
is the same thing that I'm trying to do already.

While my setup is tracking my IP to the relayers file, adding entries like
"10.0.0.2 OK", originally I would be able to auth by only adding the
following lines to my sendmail.cf

Kpopauth hash -o /etc/mail/relayers
### The following two lines are for relayers
R$*             $: $(relayers $1 $)
ROK             $@ OK

I'm going to scrap my qpopper for now and see if I can get Drac setup as
most likely none of my old sendmail rules
work anymore and it looks like drac pretty much the same thing that I'm
trying to do now.  Thanks for the info!! ;P