5.1 & Compaq Smart Array

Raphaël Marmier raphael at computer-rental.ch
Thu Aug 7 13:57:06 PDT 2003

RAIDFrame is software raid so it doesn't matter here. You should check
wether your Smart Array is properly supported, first, a good place to
start: http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/.

Then maybe try to disable APIC at boot (??), as this is known to cause
problems. But first, go to the BIOS on the server and make sure it is
preset either for Linux OS or for "Other". Then maybe make sure your
raid volume(s) is configured with Compaq tools before attempting to
install FreeBSD.

hope this helps

Raphael