nss_ldap in -CURRENT

Thomas Deniau thomas at deniau.org
Wed Aug 6 15:43:14 PDT 2003

Hi !

I'm trying to use nss_ldap, to implement ldap authentication, in
5.1-current.
The LDAP server works perfectly. I've installed the nss_ldap and
pam_ldap ports, edited /usr/local/etc/ldap.conf. put "passwd: files
ldap" and "group:files ldap" in /etc/nsswitch.conf.

pam_ldap works perfectly : the auth stage succeeds, but then the login
fails : I guess that nss_ldap doesn't find my UID.

In fact, when I use getpwent() I don't get LDAP users.... So it seems
that something in nsswitch is not working, but there is no error
logged...
When I try to use id, for example, I get "no such user" for LDAP users.

So, how can I know if nss_ldap is loaded and what is causing the error ?
Has anyone succeeded in using nss_ldap ?

Thank you in advance,

--
Thomas Deniau