ISPs blocking SMTP connections from dynamic IP address space

Bruce Pea pea at andrewpea.com
Wed Aug 6 09:37:30 PDT 2003

--On Wednesday, August 06, 2003 12:33 PM -0400 Steve Hovey
<shovey at buffnet.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately, dynamic usually means not a business - which often means
> spam - and we are all losing hair over the war on spam.
>
> I now block ip's with no reverse dns

We are doing this as well. We get a fair number of complaints from people
who's mail doesn't get delivered but we tell them to fix their DNS so we
know someone isn't trying to spoof us. So far, 23 out of 25 organizations
complaining have fixed their DNS.

bp