NATD and PPP problem

Jacob Vennervald jvennervald at proventum.net
Tue Aug 5 12:38:45 PDT 2003

Hi

Here is the ppp.conf file:
default:
        set log Phase tun command # you can add more detailed logging if
you wish
        set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

webpartner:
        set device PPPoE:xl0
        set authname XXXXXXXX
        set authkey XXXXXXXX
        set dial
        set login
        add default HISADDR

Here's the complete rc.conf file:

# Setup PPPoE for internet connection
ppp_enable="YES"
ppp_mode="ddial"
ppp_nat="NO"   # if you want to enable nat for your local network,
otherwise NO
ppp_profile="webpartner"

# Setup NAT on external interface
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="open"
gateway_enable="YES"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="tun0"

# Setup internal interface
ifconfig_fxp0="inet 10.0.0.1  netmask 255.255.255.0"

# Set the hostname of the server
hostname="myhost.mydomain.com"

# Extra network settings
inetd_enable="NO"