common criteria status?

twig les twigles at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 09:59:28 PDT 2003

Hey *, I was just on a conference call, so naturally I was
reading slashdot and saw that Linux has managed to get certified
under the common criteria.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&ncid=738&e=1&u=/nm/20030805/tc_nm/tech_ibm_linux_dc

I know that trustedBSD is working towards that for our beloved
FreeBSD and that many enhancements have found their way into the
5.x line, but does anyone know if the team has begun the
certification effort or if not when (if) they will?  I know it's
very expensive, one article said several hundred thousand
dollars up to a few million.

=====