NATD and PPP problem

Jacob Vennervald jvennervald at proventum.net
Tue Aug 5 08:02:39 PDT 2003

Hi

I've installed a FreeBSD 4.8 machine, which I wanna use as a
NAT/Router/Firewall.
I have setup the pppoe connection which works perfectly and then I've
tried to setup the machine as a NAT Router by setting the following in
the rc.conf:
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="open"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="tun0"
But when I restart the machine it gives me the following error:
"Firewall rules loaded, starting divert daemons: natdnatd: tun0: cannot
get interface address"

When I log in and type "ifconfig" I can also see that the tun0 interface
doesn't exist, but when I turn off the two natd settings in rc.conf and
reboot it does exist.

Can anybody help?

Cheers,
Jacob Vennervald