getting rid of openssl port

Markie markie at notwentytwo.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 06:59:48 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johan De Messemaeker" <johan.demessemaeker at advalvas.be>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: getting rid of openssl port

> On Monday 04 August 2003 13:48, Toomas Aas wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > What is the easiest way to get rid of OpenSSL port? Do I need to remove
> > everything that depends on openssl port, remove the port and then
reinstall
> > everything? Or is there a less painful way? Actually "everything" is not
> > that much in my case, it really is just apache13-modssl port on one
machine
> > and cyrus-imapd port on the other machine, but it still implies *some*
> > downtime of HTTPD and IMAP server. --
>
> Use portupgrade (/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade). Nice and easy.
>
> Regards, Johan

Hi Johan,

Another option is to define OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE when building the openssl
port, this will install the port version where the base system openssl would
usually be. If not using portupgrade you would do something like
"make -DOPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE", if using portupgrade you have two options:
"portinstall -m '-DOPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE' openssl" or you can edit the
MAKE_ARGS variable in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf so it reads something
like

MAKE_ARGS = {
    'security/openssl' => '-DOPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE',
    'misc/some-other-port' => '-DMAKE_ARGUMENTS'
}

and then just run portinstall openssl (or portupgrade) and it'll
automagically add the flags. This is what I do with OpenSSH and OpenSSL.

Just an idea :p
Markie