Opera 7.11 freezing in 4.8-STABLE?

Herbert herbert at bugat.at
Sun Aug 3 09:37:05 PDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 11:28:43AM -0400, Don Tyson wrote:

> Is anyone else seeing regular freezes with Opera 7.11
> with 4.8-STABLE in "ordinary" browsing (i.e., not
> flash, not anything special)?  I think I'm seeing
> more frequent freezes or core dumps than
> in the 6 series, including ones that lock the OS
> itself, and wonder whether this is a common or
> known problem and whether there's a fix.

Hi!

Yeah, I have exactly the same problem with opera7 on FreeBSD
5.1-RELEASE. It often hangs and core dumps, but it never locks neither
my X-Session nor FreeBSD. Opera is a very nice browser, but the
problem is very annoying. I am running linux_base-8.
I am wondering how opera behaves on linux.

Herbert