Newbie problems with X11, Xf86

Benjamin Gonzalez ben at missingpixel.net
Sat Aug 2 19:47:09 PDT 2003

In my .cshrc file under set path = there is a /usr/X11R6/bin.
# PATH=$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin XFree86 -xf86config /root/XF86Config* (when I
run this it tells me "bad : modifier in $ (/) - I do not know what that
means.

I still keep getting the following error:

Unable to locate/open config file
Error from X86HandleConfigFile()
Fatal server error:
No screens found

X connectionto :0:0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Any help is appreciated, I am still trying to learn but have found it
difficult to understand what some of the error messages are.

Thanks

Ben