Installing PHP4 from ports fail

Gregory Norman gnorm at mac.com
Sat Aug 2 07:49:54 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I am trying to install mysql323, apache13 and php4 on 4.4 Release. So
far I have  successfully installed mysql and apache, with php it is a
different story.

I have two issues. I have a question about apache, and I would like some
help getting php installed on my machine.

I installed apache13-server. Will this installation allow me to use ssl?

When I try to install php the installation fail repeatedly at this point.

-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib ../lib/libbison.a
Making all in doc
makeinfo --no-split   -I .  `test -f 'bison.texinfo' || echo
'./'`bison.texinfo -o bison.info
bison.texinfo:37: Unknown command `copying'.
bison.texinfo:58: Unmatched `@end'.
bison.texinfo:93: Unknown command `insertcopying'.
makeinfo: Removing output file `bison.info' due to errors; use --force
to preserve.
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/bison/work/bison-1.75/doc.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/bison/work/bison-1.75.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/bison/work/bison-1.75.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/bison.

After the installation failed I did the following:
  make clean  /usr/ports/lang/php4
cd /usr/ports/devel/bison
make clean
make

The bison installation fails repeatedly at the same place and with the
same error messages as the php installation.

If someone could help me, offer any suggestions or pointers I would
appreciate it.

Gregory Norman