BIND won't start at boot with flags

Tamir Halperin tamir at brobus.net
Wed Apr 30 22:21:37 PDT 2003

My BIND 9.2.2, installed with the argument to overwrite base, will not start at boot time.
It seems to start when I execute /etc/sbin/named. But I don't know what I'm not getting by it starting with the flags.

I'm attaching the following files because I really don't quite get the chroot part of all this:

/etc/rc.conf
/etc/namedb/named.conf
/var/chroot/etc/namedb/named.conf

My guess is that /etc/namedb/named.conf is being ignored because of the named_flags line in rc.conf. Am I right?

Then, in /var/chroot/etc/namedb/named.conf there's a line:
pid-file "/etc/namedb/named.pid";

There is no named.pid in /etc/namedb so I'm not sure what to do about this. Could this be the cause of named not starting at boot time?

Tamir