5.0-CURRENT: I/O error on mount_msdosfs for floppy disk

bsdterm at HotPOP.com bsdterm at HotPOP.com
Sun Apr 27 18:05:31 PDT 2003

Is anybody else having trouble mounting FAT-formatted floppy disks (normal,
3.5", 1440KB floppies -- even unused, pre-formatted ones) on 5.0-CURRENT?

Here's the output when I try to mount a FAT floppy (which reads/writes fine
under Win2k/XP - used as one of several backups for some schoolwork (though I
certainly don't trust my work to a single floppy, or a single media type in
general)):

terminator# mount_msdosfs /dev/fd0 /floppy
mount_msdosfs: /dev/fd0: Input/output error
terminator#

I cvsup'd and rebuilt kernel and world 2 days ago, on April 25, but noticed
this problem a couple weeks ago...  My kernel config file has "device fdc" in
it.

I'll take this question to the -current list pending a the response I get
here...  :)  Thanks!

-bsdterm